Thursday, January 1, 2009

The First for This Year

I should be studying now like full mode concentration with as little distractions but with right breaks to keep me going. I am abusing the "break rule". I am just doing this post for the heck of having a post on the first day of this new year.

The holidays season is more or less over. Not being blasphemous, I usually do not celebrate the three kings feast. Today I'm just tired and exhausted and damn I have to study for Monday's exam and I have dread which has no remedy on going back to school on Monday. Back to routine, back to reality and just same old same old stuff. But it was an awesome Christmas break. I'm very fulfilled.

Right now my mind is set on just finishing the readings and getting a good score on Monday, attending Julie's wedding, writing the cards for Cha and Yvonne for Cezan to take home and catching up on sleep too which also includes normalizing my sleep patterns again for school.

I am very excited for the Sinulog. I will go out and have fun. The last time I went out was three years ago and it was fun getting wasted while jamming at concerts. The best Sinulog has got to be a toss up between 2005 and 2006. 2005 - I was on 24 hour duty at CVGH lab but nonetheless it was memorable by default already and I was partying the whole week before Sunday. 2006 - I was volunteering without pay but it didn't stop me from going out the whole weekend. Most memorable event: walking from Mango avenue to Ayala to catch Parokya ni Edgar and we were having the greatest time even in the rain. The last two years were mostly preparing for the exams on the Tuesday. Not pretty. So pathetic.

I am also very optimistic about 2009. We'll see!

No comments: