Thursday, January 8, 2009

Remains of the Holidays

The summary of my life this week, the first week of school from Christmas break, has been the unending effort of trying to go back to reality. Adjusting back to routine life of small group discussions, junior clerkship, long chapters and finding time in between for sleep and leisure. Apparently so, it's been very hard. Right now my body clock is so messed up. But then again I didn't even had a normal one to begin with. I study at odd hours, I went out three times this week already, continued by window shopping for books and things I wanted to buy last year which I didn't and it's been very hard to wake up early in the morning. I am so behind in readings for this Monday's exam on Arthritis too. I'm also relaxed because I read most of the chapters since we also had this topic last year. Let's just say it's been a struggle.

Since after Christmas I've been in emo mode. More emo than the usual Albert "the world hates me" type. I was overwhelmed of the speed of time. I've been pondering a lot about how the past ten years went by and it was a lot of memories and ups and downs filled with achievements, unions, friends and family and failures as well. But it was the most awesome Christmas break! Every moment of impulse was totally worth it, every precious time spent with family and friends was memorable and the holidays were not even sprayed with a droplet of drama. I wouldn't change anything. It was so great that I still feel the wonderful high everytime I reminisce the events during the Christmas season. Though right now it's slowly fading away but I'll never forget those new memories to think fondly of. It ends this week. Then Ill be back on track.

I am also thankful that the exam was mostly old questions since I would've failed it for sure if it was new ones. The studying lacked depth and concentration. I even messed up the basic questions and important factors to remember that were in tables. That just goes to show how effective my studying was. When I wasn't sleeping on the night before the exam due to cramming just to make myself feel better, I was thinking a lot and slowly it sinked in that the holidays are officially over. What sustained the high aside from the from the effect of the unforgettable break was the remnants of Christmas decor in our house including the tree which I think my mom didn't have time to take them off yet or she's planning to let them stay until Sinulog like she did last year. The gigantic tree from Fuente is also a BIG reminder of the previous festivities.

I should be studying now but instead I'm blogging and looking at pictures from break again. Reading blogs and checking FaceBook for other people's holiday experiences. I even squeezed more time to spend with friends my going out on Monday night, after being sleepless from the night before to help me focus back on track. I even missed the next day's laboratory too! I wasn't able to wake up even with an alarm. But after this blog entry my brain will surely or more or less sink back to where it should belong so I can finally get my act together.

No comments: