Friday, January 9, 2009

The Book Lover's Quiz

I've come across this quiz sort of like one of those personality type question and answer from blogthings.com but it's just about books. I've got this from a blog while I was googling when I should be reading about Vasculitis syndromes.

Honestly, it was hard to pick the right book to answer to the question asked. I can say that I am a voracious reader, a book addict to the point of unstable and I have read lots of books from different authors but not enough to consider myself a master or I am not yet competent of being able to talk about books especially the classics and books from different genre. In more dramatic words, I am not a good TV show host if the show would be about book reviews. But I can carry a conversation about books though over coffee.

Here it goes:

One Book that changed your life:
Doctors by Erich Segal. After reading this book I was more motivated and determine to pursue a career in the medical field.

One book you have read more than once:
The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. This is my favorite book and I've read this first when I was about the same age as Holden. I read this every year and every single time the message of the book resonates. I have a personal attachment to this book because I got 100% in an oral exam during Speech class when I was talking about this book.

One book you would want on a desert island:
Any thick coffee table book about rock stars, Hollywood or World War II 

One book that made you laugh:
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. Perfect balance of intelligent humor and laugh out loud moments. I was smiling while reading the whole book. 

One book that made you cry:
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I know, right? But the man can write while tugging your heart strings. This book is typical Sparks flair but more pain since most of the book the characters were only happy for a while.

One book you wish had been written:
Chicken Soup for the Medical Student's Soul - something enlightening in between reading Harrison's and Schwartz's 

One book you wish had never been written:
The Purpose Driven Life - I don't want to sound like a minion of the anti-Christ, but I gave up on this book because its formulaic and overrated. All I can say is Live your Life Fully, do what you want to do as long as your not stepping on any one's toes! 

One book you are currently reading:
Love in The Time of Cholera - a Christmas gift from my manito, which surprised me! The narrative is flowing and vivid, very detailed! 

One book you have been meaning to read:
The Unbearable Lightness of Being - I already have my copy but I'll get to it as soon as I'm in the mood for deep philosophical stuff.

I'm supposed to tag five people after this but since only one person knows about this blog, so I'm tagging you Jo!

No comments: