Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hola, 2009! Vol. 2

This is the second part of my year end wrap up, which is becoming a tradition already since I was also doing this, at this exact time last year. Hope to continue it for more years to come.

On the first part, I was trying to talk about what I did or did not like about the year and memorable events from politics to pop culture that I'll never forget and always associate with last year. In this post I am summarizing the personal stuff that was left out from the previous one. But i won't make this long and whiny. I'll try.

2008 was a year of contrasts as I've said. Personally, I had never been pushed to the limits to be patient and to be determine to finish the things to be accomplished. Most of the time, heck, 80% of the time my life has been focused on medical school on trying and trying on how to become a really great doctor. Let's just say I've been more mature compared to when 2007 ended.

In a nutshell, this is what happened:
- Started the year on some spill over issues but we worked it out.
- I was able to rebuild the bridges of friendship on some people that I was almost falling out of
- Still is stubborn regarding one person that I haven't talked to except during times when we need to be civil.
- Able to do really well during finals and battled some menacing faculty and was able to change my view points on honesty and integrity
- Had an amazing but short yet significant summer. I finally went to Siquijor after years worth of curiosity and had an awesome time!
- Visited Dumaguete and had another wild time.
- Started Junior year and hated it so much
- Fucked up Pediatrics clerkship and I still hated Pedia
- Bonded with awesome group mates in clinics
- Super stressed and I became an anti-social for three months, going to the hell hole and back again.
- Everyone from the class danced during Intramurals and it was a blast!
- Had an amazing case conference on Infective Endocarditis and actually pulled it off. I dare say that the best case con among juniors this year!
-Did surprisingly well in Surgery
-Reconnected during sembreak with friends I haven't talked or hanged out with for a long time
-Started and kept this blog updated!
-Learned a lot from the OB-Gyne rotation which is not the same with Pedia (bleh).
-Got busy for the masquerade ball
-Winning the parol contest!
-Pulling of the masquerade ball - not perfect but it was good enough to be called a smashing success!
-Being patient with someone you considered a friend who was saying things behind your back and you have no fucking idea what you did!
- Did my first suture on a scalp laceration nonetheless!
-Partied a lot and had a rocking good time every time, two weeks before Christmas!
- Enjoying christmas break and receiving lots of gifts!

Favorite Books I've read:
1.) Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis
2.) Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
3.) Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield
4.) Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World by Haruki Murakami

Happy that I got 'em:
1.) Love in the Time of Cholera - thanks to Mark
2.) The Reader - thanks to Jo
3.) If you love school, you'll like work - thanks to Dawnah
4.) Three Weeks with my brother - thanks to Cha, from the US!!
5.) Rant - thanks to Jo again

Favorite Movies:
1.) The Dark Knight
2.) Across the Universe
3.) There Will Be Blood
4.) Once
5.) Love Songs

Favorite Shows:
1.) How I Met your Mother
2.) Iisa pa lamang (hahaha)
3.) Amazing Race
4.) Supernatural

-more on watching reruns this year of Friends, Sex and the City, and Survivor

No new year's resolutions this year except: Live Fully, Think twice before you act and you, yourself only know who the fuck you really are and no one else!

Thanks to family and friends for the support and making this year very memorable!

2009 will hopefully be a better year. To quote Krystle, it might be an adventure!

No comments: