Monday, December 19, 2011

The Christmas Countdown: Two Weeks Till Christmas

Christmas has always been about tradition. And keeping and continuing them with people who matter.

For our family, our usual Christmas tradition is a Christmas Eve dinner complete with lechon. As far as I can remember, we've always did this. Before 1997, it was held at my maternal grandmother's house but now it has been regularly done in our house for fourteen years now. It is just a simple dinner composed of home cooked meals but occasionally there were times in which my mother had to order food. All of my mother's and father's siblings along with their families come to the house to eat dinner. And some of their cousins too and even extended relatives. Its catch up time and sometimes wine, beer or punch is served. By ten o' clock most of the guests start going home to attend mass or to prepare Noche Buena. During this time my parents start giving out the gifts under the tree. Then we wait for twelve o' clock. When the clock strikes midnight, we pray, light some fireworks, exchange and open gift and then eat our Noche Buena. We wake up late the next day and then attend late afternoon mass.

Last year, my high school friends and I started a new tradition that we have continued for the second year in a row. We have a Christmas party at Charisse and Reil's place. We picked out a color scheme for our outfits, do a potluck, each person has to prepare some games, exchange gifts, sing karaoke, talk and just laugh.

Last weekend we had our Christmas gathering and as expected it was a blast! This year green was our color and for our food, it was half healthy and half sinful and for the Secret Santa it was something spiky. I brought Fresh Fruits in Yogurt and Honey for something healthy and Orange Walnut Brownies for something sinful. I had so much laughing and reminiscing, playing games and eating without watching the calories.

Family and friends indeed complete the holidays. And to know that they are around healthy and safe is something that is worth treasuring. Till next year guys!

Here are the highlights from last weekend's awesome party:


Group Shot!


Another group shot. A Merry Merry Green Christmas!


With Kring, my Secret Santa. I gave her Spiky Earrings!


With Chloe, my uber cute adorable inaanak!


The One who got my name!


Playing board games till the wee hours of the morning.


The half healthy half sinful menu


Enjoyed playing the trivia betting game!


Thanks for the shirt Julio!

No comments: