Monday, December 12, 2011

The Christmas Countdown: Three Weeks Before Christmas

Okay, so because of my stupidity in mathematics I'll be doing two posts this week so I could squeeze one more post next week to make it five posts so that it will be a five week to Christmas countdown.

Funny thing, I've noticed that most Christmas parties this year have the nostalgia theme. I think I had heard five of those going on. I ask a friend on Facebook on why most parties are on such a trend this year. She said "People are trying to live in the past or just running out of ideas". I think its more of the former.

Here is a quote about nostalgia from a movie that I enjoyed watching "Midnight in Paris".

"Nostalgia is denial - denial of the painful present... the name for this denial is golden age thinking - the erroneous notion that a different time period is better than the one ones living in - its a flaw in the romantic imagination of those people who find it difficult to cope with the present."

Speaking of nostalgia, here are some photos of previous holiday seasons of the past four to five years. I would have wanted to post pics from hard copies of numerous pictures I had using my old Fuji camera but my scanner got busted. These will do and will serve this post's purpose.


The day after Christmas 2009, Dawnah and I met up over lunch to exchange gifts and just catch up. Before this meeting it had been five months since we last saw each other in person.


It was a fun December with the Surgery Department at CVGH as we did our surgical rotation with the coolest residents ever! We also did a lunch and a Secret Santa.


Christmas 2010 with the Big Bang Burger and we also exchange gifts and talked about the past and hoped for the future.


Batch Christmas Party 2008. We did a fashion week theme. As you can see I went all out trying to emulate Penshoppe's collection that year.


Dance presentation with my Clinic Group mates during Christmas Party 2008 and yes we won first place!


Secret Santa at the newly opened Terraces Holidays 2008. This was very spontaneous. This was the only time that we can all be together so we went for it and had loads of fun!


Group Christmas party at Tippi's place with the ever bubbly Dr. Sanchez. One of the best facilitators I've ever had in medical school! Christmas 2007.


Christmas 2007 photo shoot!


A unique Christmas decor from last year - Christmas 2010


A very 90's Christmas with my high school berks. We did a 90's theme last year from the Secret Santa and even the games!


With my post graduate interns from last year, man this was wild and unforgettable. Just think about this: 30 bottles of beer and 4 liters of tequila just for ten people!


Christmas 2005 with my college barkada. This marked the first Christmas as professionals as three months earlier we took the board examination and we all passed. It has become a tradition in Donna's house to have the barkada Christmas party.

1 comment:

Sitting Pretty said...

Hey, you! I like that you're posting photos now. All I can say is a lot of people, myself included, tend to look back on the past always as something better than it was, and toward the future with much more anxiety than it is due. My mind is groping for a quote I can't remember. Ugh. Anyways, happy holidays!

-Sitting Pretty