Monday, September 5, 2011

Quick Updates Like Instant Noodles.

The title does not sound right. What I was trying to say is that I really need to do another blog post. It is such a shame that during those days of reviewing for the boards I was always itching to write despite the limited time and now all I have is free time I'd rather spend it watching TV and reading books. So I can't organize my thoughts for a decent blog post so here is a run down of what I might reply when someone asks "What Up?".

- I finally read The Hunger Games trilogy and I highly recommend it, if dystopia is your trip. For books that are catered to young adults, it is surprisingly well written because for one thing the heroine is not whiny, irritating and stupid. I am very satisfied with how it ends, except I did not approve of the guy she ended up with. (No spoilers here).

- I had posted days ago on FaceBook that I am in a dystopian state of mind, Jo asked me who was the oppressor, and I told her it was the decision. Though I think I have already decided, somehow it still stings that something you have WANTED for so long still can't be yours and you know you can do a good job but for now it is not yours for the taking. What you can do is wait for the time being with uncertainty and with the possibility that after all the waiting it is still not given to you. I kinda have a hunch on broken intuitions that I might not be the ONE that I want for myself. So I am preparing to launch Plan B and in doing so makes me think that I am letting go of the dream, murdering the possibility of actualizing it and finding a new state of mind. And that is the source of this ANXIETY that I have been trying to shrug off with reading more books, consuming alcohol almost every night and just thinking too much to the point that I think I am becoming more irrational than usual.

- I admit that I secretly get a little jealous of my classmates who are lucky enough to start residency on their first choice of specialty or those who are totally in control of their situations right now. Indecisiveness has been one of my weakest points that I never got to sharpen.

-Yesterday was Lazy Sunday turned Board Games day. I miss doing this and to be able to do this again was such a refreshing weekend activity. We played strategy games like Pandemic, Carcasonne and Forbidden Island. When we were kids, my siblings, cousins and I play Monopoly or whatever board game was available on the library of Grandma's house and we always had a blast! Now doing this with my friends, we have another new ritual to start and look forward to!

- Right now I am currently enjoying the music of The Decemberists, Foster the People, Breaking Benjamin, The All American Rejects, Lifehouse and current OPM mainstream hits. And because of all the time in the world I am reconnecting with the music of the 70's and 80's.

- Every day I get a fix of watching funny talk shows like "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", reruns of Survivor and The Amazing Race, any show on The History or Biography channel and travel shows from Nat Geo like The Road Less Travelled, Globe Trekker and Market Values.

- Speaking of books, I've got a truckload on my list but right now I am enjoying "One Day" by David Nicholl. I want to finish this book before watching the movie.

No comments: