Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time, Music and I

I've never had this much free time since like six years ago. I am trying to regain footing and control of my life - trying to get it back. After that talk with my parents knowing now that I'll always have their support I just completely let it go. And I have had a lot of time to listen to music and streaming music videos from youtube.com

Here's what's making my ears happier these days. Some are new bands and some were part of my playlists from my stolen iPod. These songs are just generally pleasant or the lyrics sting about the pseudo crisis I am going through right now.

1.) Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People (really catchy, trippy summery song that's oddly about a mass shooting)
2.) My Body - Young the Giant (it is such a shame I just discovered them during the VMAs)
3.) I Feel Like Dancing - All Time Low
4.) Tonight, Tonight -Hot Chelle Rae
5.) Pawiin - BBS ft. Kean Cipriano (OPM, represent!)
6.) Drive - Incubus
7.) Give Me A Sign - Breaking Benjamin
8.) Closing Time - Semisonic (quite old, but got hooked after watching "Friends with Benefits")
9.) Better Days - Citizen King
10.) Gives You Hell - The All American Rejects
11.) Dog Days are Over - Florence + Machines
12.) As If We Never Said Goodbye - From Sunset Boulevard soundtrack
13.) Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine
14.) Touch and Go - Rupert Holmes
15.) Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera (for two months now!)

I might take the rest of September off, pass applications and then starting working by October. I have to! I'm going to be broke by Christmas. But right now I am enjoying free time really - spending weekends with my parents at home, Trivia Nights with friends, reading interesting books and just the sweetness of doing nothing. I admit sometimes I feel guilty but I need to recharge.

No comments: