Thursday, August 25, 2011

Euphoria

For the past week this has been a summary of what I've felt. Just like alcohol this time the blood levels is decreasing and before it totally gets out of my system I need to verify its authenticity by writing this post.

1.) The results of the Medical Board examinations came out last week. And I passed! So did my other classmates. We achieved a fifth straight 100% rating for August and tenth straight overall since February 2007. And it is very much rewarding after everything that we have been through - stress, pressure, anxiety, self deprecation and to pull it off again for the school though the faculty were confident from the start that we would, but somehow it seemed as if we pulled a rabbit from a hat. I have never been fulfilled and satisfied. My parents practically reached cloud nine!

2.) Thanks to cheap airline tickets and early booking, I was able to fly to Manila and continue feeling elated. There is always something to do in Manila whether if its your first time or nth time there are lots of things to discover and see. This time around I got to explore the Ayala Triangle Gardens, see San Sebastian Church (the only steel church in Asia) up close, lighted a candle in Basilica ng Nazareno in Quiapo, pigged out pasta and homemade apple pie with the best Black Forest Coffee in Coffee Therapy, Fairview, had the best Italian dinner at Bellini's in Cubao (this is where "One More Chance" was filmed) and immersed myself in the mall culture of Metro Manila a.k.a. mall hopping! Thank you to my lovely hosts for having me and feeding me with great food.

3.) I've finally set foot in Bicol! Thanks to the sexiest attorney in Makati's CBD, we totally pulled off a day tour of Bicol which included a half day of wake boarding in Cam Sur's CWC and an afternoon of cam whoring and planking at the Cagsawa Ruins in Albay. It was a great trip to get to know deeper one of my closest friends. And yes the trip would have been less awesome had I did it solo so a thousand thanks for coming with me despite your busy schedule and mountain loads of paperwork at the office so that I'd look smooth and slick in the world of FaceBook!

4.) Meeting new trivia geeks from another city has been a worthy experience. Cebu vs. Manila II also happened last week and we ended up in fourth place even though we were lesser in number and though some people backed out at the last minute I still had a nice time answering questions and being the coolest dork ever! You win some, you lose some! We will get you next time!

5.) And most important of all what matters most is my parents are the happiest people on earth right now and it will continue like that. And making them proud one more time just tugs my heartstrings and to see them basking in this glory more than I do is just an indescribable feeling of greatness.

And now just like alcohol after being absorbed from the mucosa of the stomach of the GIT and with constant piss breaks it will be eliminated from the body. Just like my euphoria what's left of it are bits and pieces and now it will soon be just a memory that I will be fond of.


No comments: