Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crossing Over

In exactly ten days from now I will be celebrating another birthday. I will be a year older. And I will be 26 years old. Meaning I already existed quarter of a century. I am no longer young anymore or borderline adult but I am already an adult. You see I have this philosophy in which when you are younger than 25 but still in your early 20's you can still call yourself young and be irresponsible and immature. When you are 25 you are in the border. You have a right to still consider yourself as young or you can start to by being a matured adult. I went with the former.

This is the third year in a row in which I have no plans of celebrating. Right now I think birthdays are overrated. My point is you don't have to celebrate on that one single day of turning one year older but on the whole year as a whole of being that age. Not just on that natal day but on any day you want to as long as you try to live fully. Then again this year I'm not in the mood again to celebrate. I just don't see anything worth celebrating right away. And at the same time spontaneity excites me. I'll be off duty that day so we will see whatever happens. I'm up for anything. All I know is I'm not really in the mood to be with a bunch of people on that day. I'll be doing an anti-birthday thing, No cakes, no candles, no wishes, maybe some shopping and binge drinking and eating. I am on a quest to make it as ordinary as possible.

Here's to turning a year older but definitely not wiser as I would have liked.

No comments: