Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bad Day

Since starting PGI-ship 6 weeks ago, every day and everything has been smooth sailing so far. Despite the long hours, overworked job descriptions and humid ER setting I have never complained and have never minded such herculean effort. I looked at things as if the glass was half-full and used optimism as my ultimate armor to battle. In short I enjoyed it.

Until today, there has to be a bleep in the radar or a small glitch on the car right? I overslept as usual. I almost do every morning considering that I relied on the fact that the workplace is 15 minutes maximum from our house even by jeepney if the traffic is light and my seniors are very lenient on punctuality. Imagine, 15 minutes after 7:30, so far I've not been marked tardy. So I hurriedly took a shower, ate breakfast and packed things. I didn't mean to but I put my black pouch containing my Ipod and my camera. My bestfriend and my great companion. I had second thoughts on bringing it to work. But what the heck, I did anyway since I was pre-empting I might be bored. So I put it in my little bag along with other books that might come handy in the Out Patient Department. In short that was the last time I would see those two. My attention was fully grabbed my interviewing patients that I forgot to check my bag once in a while. The next thing I know they were gone. So I was kidding myself and went back thinking, maybe I was not able to bring em. But unfortunately I did. So there goes. Maybe a patient took it or a worker from the hospital I can't really be sure. All I know is its gone and forever will be. Well first of all it's really my fault. I shouldn't be bringing gadgets like that to work and second at least I learned something from this. When I got home it really sinked in that I have lost and I think its right time I mourn contrary to the poker face I showed.

So in short for the next two months or I will be starving myself. Im thinking of getting an iPod again maybe a cheaper one. A nano perhaps or a camera whichever might be useful. Or not. I could probably live PGI year without both but I'll probably want at least one.

I'll be punishing myself so that means I'll only go out once every two weeks, less alcohol intake, study, amuse myself with the books I have accumulated in here which means no more book shopping as well and no birthday slash tequila party this year. I have decided that there is no reason to celebrate. I'll live and continue living.

As Frank Sinatra said "That's Life" and which I supplement "You Win Some, You Lose Some but Life has to Suck Sometimes".

No comments: