Monday, March 9, 2009

Suddenly, Last Summer

Yey! Summer is here already! After retaking my practical exam which I unjustly failed and my written exam, a mildly deserved one for effin' Pediatrics, I am starting to work on my clearance so that makes it more or less official.

This year it's different because up until early Friday evening I didn't have plans of getting away and making fun use of the first weekend of this short yet monumental summer. Come on. People are even labelling this as the last summer ever! Last year I was off to Siquijor the day after the last finals in a freshly cut Mohawk and then to Dumaguete City for a long weekend after a week. Two years before I dashed to Camotes for a weekend chill then had a wild, bond-forming, drinking spree in Kawasan Falls.

I was reminiscing on the way home while standing on an old 80's looking bus with Linkin Park blasting on the background from our weekend unwind trip in Tabuelan a sleepy town located in the northwest part of Cebu. The hospitality was great. Quoting Vic "Humanity is innately good".  Anyways last summer was awesome. Short yet significant. It didn't have much time for solace and reflection as the previous summer but overall I was able to make use of the four weeks to reassess my priorities and revisit those moments where I caved in to my temperament and those times were I was classy.

Ma was staying in Manila for a month and we were practically left under the guidance of Pa, who is more open, liberated and he was also enjoying the freedom we boys had.

Yeah, summer is here and I will take this all in before the pressure of internship takes its toll on me.

No comments: