Saturday, March 21, 2009

The One Where I Loathe My Totally Worth It Purchases

Yes. I am a sale whore... But the best sale whore in town!

This is an adaptation due to my meager ration every week and I've developed this skill over the last 6 years or so. Since I couldn't ask my parents (though I can), its just a personal choice of mine to be able to control impulsive buying sprees and increase my EQ. I get a very modest allowance. It allows me to enjoy good food and buy me a good time but it does not satiate my appetite for shopping books (bookashopaholic, if there is such term) and my penchant to buy clothes at times. I only ask my parents if I can't fight the urge anymore or I couldn't sleep just thinking of that item. It has to be a very intense fixation. Trust me it rarely happens.

Here are some items I am proud of acquiring from the past two months. So totally worth it.

1.) Rusty Lopez Black Loafers (I own a pair of leather shoes now that's not Doc Martens, it's about time!)
Orig Price: 1800 php
Sale Price: 799 php

2.) Crash by J.G. Ballard
Orig Price: 375 php
Sale Price: 50 php

3.) Dispatches from the Edge by Anderson Cooper
Orig Price: 599 php
Sale Price: 50 php

4.) Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx (its still in covered in plastic wrap, in honor of the late Heath Ledger)
Orig Price: 335 php
Sale Price: 50 php

5.) Super Villains Vintage T-shirt in Orange
Orig Price: 169.75 php
Sale Price: 84.50 php

6.) Super Heroes Vintage T-shirt in Green
Orig Price: 169.75
Sale Price: 84.50

7.) Utz by Bruce Chatwin
Orig Price: 425 php
Sale Price: 50 php

8.) Griffin and Sabine (I wanted this for a really long time)
Orig Price: 575 php
Sale Price: 120 php

9.) 2 Decent Denim Jeans from Ukay-Ukay which I cut into denim shorts for summer
Orig Price: 180 php each
Sale Price: 20 php each

No comments: