Friday, March 13, 2009

Citations of Last Summer

I can't help but reminiscing about last summer. Atypical (it rained last summer and the temperature was lower compared to the year before) and short (4 weeks!?!)  but it left with lots of mementos, new discoveries and stronger bonds with old and new friends.

Most Memorable: My Mohawk hairstyle whom my friends said I couldn't pull off and my mother detested but I went for it anyways and looked really cool!

Best Place Visited: Siquijor, for its mythical charm, untouched nature and wonderful scenery. I finally crossed out another less visited place that I have been longing to visit for years.

Best Place for Dining Out, outside Cebu: Dumaguete City, hands down for cheap but with quality that equals the restos and cafes here in Cebu, even Manila.

Best New Discovery, Gastronomic Delight: Silvanas from Sans Rival Cafe in Dumaguete City. Mouth watering, soft and sweet , you already have an excuse to drive 3 hours down south and cross an ocean for 30 minutes. Totally worth the journey and back!

Most Worth It Purchase: Tie between Cherry Chapstick, for taking care of my lips and Hawaiian Tropic Sunblock for the making me tanned and didn't even give me the experience of pain.

Best New Discovery, Rediscovered: Metro Cafe, down in the basement of Ayala. An ideal place for reading. Quiet and isolated little nook. Affordable and good service

Best Place for Bargains:

BookSale at SM for selling Entertainment Weekly back issues for 27 pesos each. I bought a lot and these magazines made time less idle

Best Movies Watched: Volver and Eastern Promises

Best Book Read: Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis

Favorite Past Time: Watching American Idol while munching on Honey Banana Crackers with Iced Coffee

Guilty Pleasure: Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition

Songs That Remind Me of the Summer:


1.) Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis - washing dishes after dinner while belting out together with the radio in Siquijor

2.) No Air by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown - after the exhausting yet fulfilling hike in Casaroro Falls

3.) Ang Sarap Dito by Project 8 - due to watching Big Brother, but the song is really catchy with a summer-esque feel.

4.) I'm Yours by Jason Mraz - the video makes me want to have a getaway to some secluded waterfall or pristine beach of my own. Just thinking about makes you want to wish its summer all the time, yes?

5.) Always Be My Baby by David Cook - this will always remind me of Summer 2008 and getting addicted to American Idol. I just realized this at around July that this song indeed reminds of that summer.

Best Pal of the Summer: My laptop for being my TV/DVD player and as my window to cyberspace

I'll post one like these before internship starts.

No comments: