Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post Christmas Blues and Observations

Christmas had arrived and left already. This year I was very attached to making it significant and memorable. I think it was. I am really happy with the gifts I got this year. I was expecting more books but I didn't get any book from my family. It's a good thing anyway. I've been spending more and more on books this year and more and more are still unread and yet to be touched. I am really happy with the external hard drive my sister got me! It was a lifesaver for me and my laptop. Plus she already got me in advance since I was planning to get one before internship but now I've got all my movies, music, pictures and important documents in my ever reliable and new best friend gadget - my external hard drive. I also got cool shirts which I realized I need new shirts since I've been borrowing a lot from my father and my brothers. Being in the same size as your family members helps.

Right now people are running out of cash from too much holiday shopping, some are still rich and enjoying the post Christmas slash clearance sales while some like me are already scratching their heads and saying "Wait, has one week of my vacation been used already?". I haven't even started on reading for the exam on Monday and I still have about three books I want to read before classes starts! 

I've been really decadent so to say on this Christmas breaks. Parties and get togethers, impulsive shopping trips, pigging out on the holidays and leftovers and sleeping for 12 hours every night. Sigh! I guess I was more productive but at the same time I am enjoying this! Good thing that the left overs weren't that many. Last year I got sick to the point of eating leftovers for three days after Christmas. This year I only got to eat on Christmas Day, brunching on Noche Buena extras. Ironically, I miss not having lechon paksiw for almost a week. Last year I got sick and nauseated of having it on three meals for three days.

I'm predicting that I will be broke after this Christmas break. I still have three people on my Christmas gifts that don't have gifts yet and my resources are getting more limited. And speaking of sales, I am going crazy over the endless bargains at SM. They are having a clearance sale till January 4, 2009. I have lots of thing I want to buy! Fedora hats, shirts, under wears, colored wayfarers, shoes... the possibilities are endless but the finances are not enough to keep up! Don't forget the books from National Bookstore! Oh so plenty indeed! I mean 20% is good enough for me.
 
As I've said I don't have the Post Christmas blues this year. Instead I am left pondering and perplexed on how time was so fast, trying to make a study schedule in my mind and squeezing in more get togethers and bonding time since some people still owe me a Christmas gift! Carry on!

No comments: