Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Making, Jolly Feeling and Feel Good Shopping

Last week was exhausting. But the fun type of being tired - not toxic and suffocating. After the short quiz on Gastric Ulcers on Internal Medicine, I was in a celebratory mood the whole week! Plus doing really good on an exam, in which, I hadn't even finish second reading and I was on duty at the ER of a busy hospital that weekend, standing for almost 8 hours with no sleep at all, is a very much added bonus. I couldn't ask for more. What I was doing the whole week (apart from TRYING to read before and after lunch, catching up on sleep and practicing surgical skills like knot tying) was partying and shopping!

MONDAY: Party # 1: Secret Santa with Clinics Group 2
This was very spontaneous. We haven't had the chance to actually plan when to exchange the gifts and reveal our Secret Santas. Initially we wanted to have a separate party - specifically dinner and getting wild the rest of the night. And most people wouldn't want to settle on a lunch wearing our uniforms, too lame they say. Since it was the only night that we can be complete, because some of us are going out of the country and some have Christmas parties too that were booked weeks ahead, we decided to give it a go. The plan was to go to Ayala to find a gift at 8 p.m. and the dinner at 9. The result: Had a really great time! Dinner was at Hukad and exchanging gifts and photo session was at the fountain at the Terraces. It consisted of acting out your Secret Santa and the people guessing who it is. I was really surprised! My secret Santa gave me a copy of "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Thanks Mark! I'm so grateful! After party with karaoke and ice cold beer (literally). Spontaneity is indeed more fun than planned parties. Maybe not all the time but in this case it was!

TUESDAY: Party #2: Exchange Gifts with Closest Friends from Medschool.
This was also spontaneous I should say. We picked out the names before lunch and bought gifts after. My gift was actually from my house. Dinner at Cafe George. I had a heavenly chili con carne with rice. Then exchanging gifts thereafter. I got a planner from Careza, who admitted that she wanted to give me a book but could not find one that I might not have so she gave me a planner and sharpener - for exams!. Intimate, harmonious and fun bonding. Karaoke party (again!) at Paseo for 3 hours and after party with gossip at I.T. park. I had so much fun guys! Significant improvement on my singing as they've commented.

WEDNESDAY: Shopping Trip #1
Taking a break from parties and karaoke by getting presents for my friends at a tight budget. I was proud of myself for being able to squeeze 8 presents out of 1,200 pesos. Mind you, they are nice and super presentable!

THURSDAY: Party #3: Elixir Batch Christmas Party, Theme: Fashion Week.
Not everybody came but it was still fun because people were so game at anything. Everybody also dressed up in their own individual unique styles! Great and awesome food from the Promise Catering! Gone in seconds as people were enjoying themselves with third servings! I wore a brown statement T-shirt that says "I've Been Bad All Year", red skinny jeans, Jack Purcell black sneakers, accessorized by a brown Fedora hat and black shutters ala Kanye West! Our group won best presentation! We danced like silly to boy band and girl band tunes and to a novelty song. 1,000 pesos baby. The games were also fun. After party at Grill Avenue for Karaoke (again, third time this week) and more drinking. I fell from my chair and puke buckets but it was all good!

FRIDAY: Chill Day #1:
Jo finally came home from Manila and we decided to meet and just chillax and talk. And also she brought me homemade Banana Creme Pie! The best! Perfect blend of sweetness and flavor, not to sweet and you can actually taste the sumptuous combination of bananas, cream and the crust! Please bring more Jo! Had an interesting conversation at Starbucks, late dinner at Shakey's at the Terraces and controlling a book-gasm at Fully Booked.

SATURDAY: Shopping Trip #2
With Jo again and I think I've already completed my Christmas list except for Jo's because it's in Fully Booked. It was packed! I finally got myself a hoodie. More pictures taken and more talking.

SUNDAY: Chill Day #2
Together with my family. My sister is currently buying stuff to make her list complete and my mother is getting some new Christmas bowls for candies and desserts. But as for me I'm almost broke so no shopping. I was content with browsing around and making more lists. Dinner at Flavors of China and coffee moments at Coffee Bean with some relatives.

And today I compensated by sleeping for 14 hours! Whew what a busy week that was indeed but I am only more hyped up to make this Christmas more memorable!

No comments: