Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wants

I haven't realized that its my birthday in less than one week. Yup I was too preoccupied lately because of the looming presence of judgment day this weekend. Not until my parents asked me what are my plans for my natal day, in which I have replied "nothing", same retort for three years now. And I think this year they are taking it seriously. They usually go out on their own, on a limb to throw a dinner party which I do not approve of and invite a couple of relatives and neighbors. And I am M.I.A. Always M.I.A

This year my mom actually sponsored nine days of masses for the fiesta of our chapel's patron saint. It has been her tradition to sponsor the mass on my birthday since I was like five because I was a very sickly child and it was one of her devotions. She believes that I do not get ill or battle any malady as long as she sponsors the mass on my birthday.

I am nonchalant on my birthday. I do not get excited for it like I do anticipating Christmas and advent. But this year I got to have time for a little thinking and I decided that I do a birthday wish list (first time!) like I would every holiday season. And hope maybe the universe will conspire to get it for me . Hehe (wink!) I am very simple and quite cheap actually.

1.) Any of the following books - The Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami, Columbine by Dave Cullen, Palo Alto Stories by James Franco and the Hunger Games Trilogy in paperback by Suzanne Collins.

2.) Any of the following graphic novels - Blankets by Craig Thompson, Ghost World by Daniel Crowley and From Hell by Alan Moore

3.) DC Skater Shoes or Vans , not the slip-ons. (I am turning 27 and I still want to wear skater shoes when I go out!)

4.) any checkered shirt from People are People

5.) any vintage T shirt from Artwork or a Super Hero printed shirt (vintage or not)

6.) Gray Blazer or Khaki colored blazer!

7.) Operations Board Game (to be played when intoxicated!)

8.) any new pair of straight cut jeans

Or a card delivered by snail mail will do since its quite rare to get one nowadays or just buy me a yummy healthy dinner since the culture here among Pinoys is the celebrant gets to treat everyone a meal or a drinking spree.

This year I have no concrete plans really - I am too busy to do the drinking game like last year and I am financially strapped to have multiple celebrations and invite everyone. (Sorry). Oh well. And I can't pig out anymore since I am watching what I eat and no binge drinking I might add since I am staying away from alcohol till August 15! I'll just go with the flow or have a late birthday thing some time this month.

No comments: