Monday, July 4, 2011

Drunken Stories Part II

As I have indirectly declared in the previous blog post that this is Sobriety Celebration Week for me, and no, I will not be sharing more embarrassing tales of the alcoholic, but instead I am counting down my Top 5 Favorite Drunken Moments, in descending order.

1.) Badian Outing - November 13 - 14, 2004

This was the most fun outing in my entire college life. Twenty five of my fellow medical technology interns and I rented a two-storey, six-bedroom, three-bathroom beach house three and a half hours from the city which has a pool and a private beach among the amenities for the weekend. So pre-Jersey Shore! Blame it on Tanduay on the rocks and Gilbey's with Boracay (the cocktail) as chaser which ended up into one wild crazy night. We played this game in which we used our lips to pass around a credit card around a circle. We didn't even mind that the credit card fell into the ground a couple of times but we still used it anyway. There were also a couple of accidental smooches. As the night progressed, cannonball dives became frequent, trash talking started over the games and I sobbed, rolled down the lawn and puked on the sand. The morning after, left me with no recollection of the events, no idea who changed my wet clothes for me and waking up with a classmate passed out on the lawn chairs in her bikini, another one slept dipped in the pool and a catch up breakfast of the prior night's hulla balloos!

2.) Sinulog 2009

This was the "Med Girls Gone Wild Sinulog". If you have not gotten wasted during the Sinulog ever, then you haven't fully embraced it's party significance factor. My classmates and I had set up a table with food and drinks (mostly alcoholic) in Arlington Pond, the little street connecting F. Ramos St. and Osmena Boulevard. Our spot was perfect! Not too far of a walk if you want to see the parade and not too far if supplies run out. We grilled fish and pork Filipino style, gobbled up Lucky Me pancit canton and even had Black Sambo for dessert. We started drinking as early as one thirty in the afternoon. Then the fun began. Playing guitar hero, dancing and randomly pulling strangers and foreigners passing by to bump and grind with, tequila straight up with no lemons or even calamansi, making requests at our DJ (yup beside our table there was a DJ complete with a turn table, speakers and disco lights), chain smoking, face plants in the ground, pop and lock showdown, bottles of red horse, lovers fight, confrontations and not a care in the world. It was a mass release of people's inhibition occurring simultaneously on one plane! At around six thirty in the evening, I took a walk across Jones Boulevard and because I had too much to drink, I sat down on the sidewalk and fell asleep. When I woke up thirty minutes later, I was okay with no stab wounds whatsoever, phone and wallet still in my pockets and man, I felt good!

3.) Kawasan Spontaneous Trip - April 18, 2007
This trip was planned in a hurry. It was summer already and after two weeks of exams - orals, written and practicals, we just needed to get away. We did not even care where as long as there was booze and food. We decided on Kawasan falls since we were deficient on funds. Boy, it was a riot. With two bottles of tequila and one case of Red Horse Grande, we disturbed the serenity of the environment at two in the morning as we shouted, laughed out loud, splashed water and soda to each other, played Truth or Consequences and Twenty Questions, and bashed people. After the overnight trip, a new clique was formed.

4.) Christmas Party 2005
It has become a yearly tradition with my college barkada to hold a Christmas party at a friend's house. The Christmas party is basically composed of eating, exchanging gifts and drinking till who is left standing. That year it was special because it was the first Christmas after graduating from college. We were all professionals now after passing the board exams four months prior but we chugged tequila and beer like non-professionals. I puked a brownish bilious vomitous and splashed soda to anyone who tried to coaxed me into drinking more.

5.) Post Trivia Drinks at Alejandro's
Ever since I joined Group 12, it has become a tradition for us to drink after the game win or lose to unwind, talk, quiz each other more. This is where I had vomited on the ice bucket, passed out on the chair after having too many Weng-Wengs (those pitchers are deceptively deadly!), shouted, and quiz my team mates on Filipino movies. What I love about drinking booze and getting drunk in here is letting your inner geek surface without being ostracized.

Drink Moderately!

No comments: