Thursday, February 5, 2009

Borrowed Time

I've been sick of myself lately. Though I've bounced back from vacation mode right after the memorably wild Sinulog weekend, after that I felt like I've been more melodramatic than usual and at the same time I've been evolving slowly and surely into the great procrastinator, a trait that I don't want to bring to internship for it will surely spell doom for the intern. I've been arriving at school late for the lectures and sometimes skipping case conferences, reading chapters seriously at around Thursday night (which reminds me that I shouldn't be blogging and ranting). Worst of all my immune system is ineffective. I just recovered from the flu and I am sneezing like a blowtorch since this morning and I am pretty much concerned that I would get another strain of the flu again cause that would suck big time!



Since two weeks ago, I've felt like I've been living on borrowed time. Not that I have a terminal illness, God forbid, but I am already prematurely mourning the lost of time and sense of self come this April. This remaining pre-internship days. In similar aspect to Veronika from the Coehlo novel, it's like I am cherishing every moment, each precious moment because I already have an idea that this will be taken all away in less that 8 weeks. Kind of like Veronika when she was told that she will die soon, she then began to let go of all inhibitions and enjoy her remaining days here on Earth. Well this is indeed proof that I am over reactive and overacting at times. But I do feel this way.



So the past two weeks, I've been doing things that I really like. Of course, the dedicated, diligent pupil in me couldn't abandon my readings but since then I learned to balance fifty-fifty. So far it works and man, I don't want to jinx it.



I partied wild and crazy during the Sinulog, I rode the Edgecoaster and Club Ultima and had a high literally and figuratively while walking above 36 floors, made up sleep and just pretty much tried to evoke a semi-Zen state, constantly reminding myself to relax and hoping that everything will be alright.



I also made a list to do before internship starts, among them include Yoga classes and making scrapbooks while reading the long overdue books stashed bed side and in the closet and get our group shirt in the Clinics printed. Another event I am anticipating is Ma and Pa's 25th Wedding Anniversary. I expected a celebration or maybe they'd travel together as originally planned, but I never saw this coming. They will be renewing their vows in a garden ceremony overlooking the city on the 19th this month. Oh well, I love them so much that whatever makes them happy I have to do it. Even if it means staying up the whole night after the party because I still have a final exam on the next day. That's the challenge. But I know it would be totally worth it because that celebration signifies 25 years of love, understanding and happiness. Kudos to my parents for starting from scratch to being able to send four kids to school - three already done with college. I wish that I don't have to wear barong though. Not my type.

And right now I am not making any plans for summer yet - nothing definite but I still have Plan A's. I am hoping that I don't have any extensions so I could enjoy and just sleep and relax and eat.

As it nears, the more anxious and apprehensive I get.

But I know for sure that I will surely make the best of this "borrowed time".

No comments: