Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ideas for an ALMOST Perfect Christmas (since it's hard to achieve PERFECT, right?)

December is here, finally. But the journey to this month has been fast. It's like checking the calendar everyday and saying to yourself that its still far ahead and it won't be soon before long kinda way. I've always loved December. Its my favorite month together with the summer months. Too many memories - both joyful and sad but it's the intimate moments with family and friends I'll cherish. Meaning the various Christmas parties, Secret Santas and Manito Manitas, Christmas dinners with friends from high school and college, Noche Buenas, gift giving among family members and all those Christmas traditions. Cebu comes alive during the first month of the year mostly of the Sinulog Festival in January and the last month of the year because obviously it's Christmas! Lights and sparkling decors give the city that holiday feeling. Don't forget the huge Christmas tree in Fuente circle, right at the heart of the metropolis. I've been in a sort of giddy mood this morning, making plans in my mind on how to spend this month. I've promised myself that I will make this Christmas as memorable as possible - since it might be the last time in a long time that I will be able to enjoy without patients and responsibilities competing for my time. So less drama, less whining, less bitching, less tantrums, less conflicts yet more food, more gifts, more photo op moments, more Christmas parties as long as the wallet can keep up. This year will be a "White Christmas" minus the snow!

Here are my plans, in which I hope to accomplish after the masquerade ball, please be done with it already!

1.) Get my picture taken with the huge Christmas tree - under and over the skywalk with the tree behind me.
 Anika and I planned this about a month ago when the tree was still a work in progress. And since 2004 I've wanted a souvenir Christmas photo take with the tree in the background at night complete with lights.
2.) Shopping for myself and my friends - bazaars, malls, downtown... anywhere!
 I'll go shopping with Ianne at her school's bazaar and this has been a tradition between us anytime we have time. I'll be buying gifts for selected friends because I am not a son of a shipping magnate - gotta maximize my resources. But for sure I'll definitely be giving gifts to my friends in med school for putting up with someone unstable and borderline psychotic like me.. Nyayhahah evil laugh*
3.) Catch Up on My Reading
 
I don't know on how I can catch up with my reading. The pile of unread books is turning into tower. But this season I'll finish the Twilight series by reading "Breaking Dawn" and I'll just randomly pick any book to read.
4.) Christmas Parties and Exchange Gifts
 
As many as the funds allow...
5.) Batch Reunion
 
I'm not yet sure on the Altavista Homecoming but I might go to the batch reunion. Sounds like fun.
6.) Listen to Christmas songs in my iPod to establish a personal holiday vibe
 I am loving the O.C. Mix 3. It's my Christmas album recommendation.

No comments: