Monday, October 27, 2008

New Things, New Stress

Four weeks of relaxed and fun yet a wonderful learning experience of OB-Gyne rotation ended last Friday. We had a written exam and a practical on aseptic technique I did really bad because I was first but hopefully I managed to make it. I never thought that I would personally enjoy this rotation because I hated reading "William's Obstetrics" so much to the point of motor mouth swearing. But because of a dedicated, helpful and patient resident-in-charge, it was beyond my expectations. The last four weeks have been awesome.

I had my first stress of this bimonthly today. I started a four week rotation in Ophthalmology today. I went from bored (I rarely do) to stressed and frustrated in a couple of minutes because of an uncooperative patient and the Ophtha resident blew up. But she kind of felt bad in the end though we look like asses in front of her. Now we just have to make a way of getting hold the of the patient for the history in order to have one to submit and a clean fresh start with today's fiasco on Friday. By the way Ophtha gives me the ultimate hemorrhage. Nose bleed and bleeding from all natural orifices! It intimidates me and I do not know a lot at all about visual acuity and tonometry. Get my point? The technical terms are too technical! It will take a while to decipher them for my sanity. I hope it gets better, I really do.

5 more weeks till the masquerade ball and crunch time is imminent. I have to say that we are already a month behind from the planning and preparations. The posters haven't been made and posted up yet. And about the hosting job I have no choice - hostage!

No comments: