Friday, September 26, 2008

Things I Want, Not Necessarily Things I Need

I've been walking around or more or less malling a lot lately. I find it relaxing... until your eyes spot something you want but it's impractical to get. Sigh, gone are the days where everything was cheap. Because I have an abundance of free time lately I took note of a lot of things that I'm planning to buy. To make it easier... mga luho! Maybe in time I'll wear off the itch to get 'em.

1.) Red or Yellow Skinny Jeans from Penshoppe
I remember that colored jeans were popular sometime during the early to mid-90's, just before late 90's minimalism was hot. Now the 90's are slowly making a comeback, I mean after all its been ten years since it was the 90's and if you were born in the 1990 you'd be eighteen turning on nineteen, that means you can enjoy your right of suffrage two years from now.
I feel comfortable wearing skinny jeans ala Jonas Brothers tight. Why not, I think I can pull it off considering my thin, slimmer than a beanpole frame. Its surprisingly not that discomforting until you have an urge to scratch then you'll have to excuse yourself and to the restroom to do so. And there is no scientific proof that the terminate your "manhood", I think. Other than that, skinny jeans are a great fashion statement itself, I mean emo rockers, models and fashionistas are donning it. Thought the trend would go away. But to make it red or yellow, is even more bold, which will go well with statement T-shirts, striped shirts or vintage T-shirts with loud and outrageous colors in the shade of yellow, orange or electric blue. I love Penshoppe's new line right now! But the pic isn't from Penshoppe it just more or less the same. I wonder will cargo pants make a comeback or it has become a must have?
Here's a look: I want one in red (like these) or in yellow!


2.) "Undercover" undies from Penshoppe
Even Penshoppe's new line of underwear are amazing. Ive never been a fan of their underwear before. I mean classic is good mate but theirs before was bland. I dare say that those undies don't have a personality at all! But this year, with designs like argyle, stripes in hot green that's really colorful but at the same time not to outlandish and it's softer than ever as I've noticed. Even the black looks good with the new twist on the garters! I already have the blue argyle (the one in red) and I'm planning to get a green one or the black one (ones in yellow):


3.) White Sneakers from Adidas
I should have saved up to buy this Adidas sneakers because they go with basically anything - even a white suit! Though I already have the Black Adidas Sambas which are a classic and should be a staple in any wardrobe, I still want a pair of white sneaks. The only thing that held me from buying white ones are they are high maintenance especially during the rainy season.

4.) Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
I shouldn't be buying more books. Case in point I have about 30 or so impulsively bought just because they are hard to find or I was itching to get me some purchases. This is the last book of the Twilight Saga. A romance thriller about the love of Edward, a vampire and Bella, a human and how they struggle and fight against the world, in this case vampires and other malicious blood suckers. Throw in Jacob, the best friend who is a werewolf who also has hots for this human to make the plot riveting. I seriously can't put the book down and I can't elucidate how something written for adolescents can grab you and hypnotize through its well written words. Try to read it to be able to understand what I mean and maybe you'll be hooked too!



5.)  Cardigan Sweater
This is actually, if I ever buy one, a luxurious purchase. One, Cebu is sunny 90% of the time so I'll only get to wear it 10% of the time or unless I go to the mountains every weekend and two these are very expensive! I got inspired from Chuck Bass. This will go great with skinny jeans.


Speaking of impulsive purchases, I went downtown walking yesterday afternoon after going to the City Hall to get some important documents, I saw these shutter glasses by the sidewalk. I was intrigued and I remembered Kanye West sporting these at an event sometime ago. I was having second thoughts of getting one. But he gave me a good price after effortless haggling so I got it for 75 pesos and they sell at the department stores for 200 pesos. The only downside is they only have black or white while there are an array of colors to choose from among those that sell for 200. But hey, black or white is not bad. You can use them anytime with any color scheme on your outfit! But I don't know when to used this yet... My fashionista classmate says only in pictorials. Hhhmm maybe during parties or if I go crazy one day and just wear 'em to the mall! I also want one in yellow or orange!

No comments: