Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Dread

This has got to be the fastest sembreak in history! I can't explain why time flew faster than usual during the last two weeks. I mean two weeks ago, it was Julio's party and then followed on the Sunday by the Nature Trip and Jon's house party. Monday came, tired and weary yet I had this powerful feeling, an intense sensation that I can do anything! Meaning free time! Then right now I just realized that school's back in less than two days! Toink!

My classmates have been whining, oddly enough since like Wednesday. Surprising not I'm not that first since I was the resident class whiner, commentator and I'm outspoken to the point of tactless. They posted in their shout outs about how they don't want sembreak to end and all those pleading indirectly considering the fact that they are aware that sembreak will be over get a grip. I didn't let their words affect as I continued enjoying my sembreak, eating to my heart's content without counting the calories, reading as much as I can and sleeping more than the usual.

Now, I am dreading! I know, but this will pass once I release it. The reason I am having such a strong feeling is because the next nine weeks will be very busy organizing the Student's Night. It is a big party, held every year on December to coincide with the school's founder's week. Crazy and irrational as it might be the juniors are in-charge of that despite of the readings for SGD, exams every Monday and Junior Clerkship. It doesn't help that Pediatrics is this bimonthly's topic. Not that I care anyway since after my Pedia rotation a death sentence I have yet to serve so to say has been given to me. So to hell with Pedia. I'll give it a chance and try to love it. The keyword there is try!  I am groaning at the thought of being more or less the chairman for the Program Committee. A very challenging job indeed. We have to come up with an awesome agenda to be able to keep 200 people, majority of which are hard to please, extend their attention span.

Sigh! It would seem like the next couple of weeks are all work with no play and I predict emotions running wild, conflicts arise, grace under pressure diminishes and more drama! Well see... shall we?

No comments: