Monday, April 26, 2010

This is it!

I just had to get this on paper - er... on cyber space before the creative juices stop flowing. I have basically neglected this blog since July. One, I really wanted to write but time has been really really short so instead of typing and clickety-clacking I sleep or catch up on paperwork, second, when I do find time there are no nice things to write about. And lastly I forgot the password and I was to much of a lazy bum to recover it. But now I did and I just had to write something in honor of this day.

Well this is officially the end of medical school for me and hopefully not my medical career well it hasn't even started yet. Internship doesn't count it's part of medical school. I am now not a student anymore. I still don't have my license but I already have two initials after my name. Since compared to my classmates I have been treating this day as nonchalant as I had, I realize that I need something to honor this day aside from pictures. So I am doing this blog post to capture it. At least a month or a year from now I'll read this blog again and I will remember the feelings I had felt when I woke up this morning.

Though I'm not that excited I think I should at least be a little more excited of the thought that I am finally over med school and I survived it with sanity intact and made a good name of myself among my mentors. To prove how I wasn't that into it I am dressed up going to graduation like an emo rock star - dark red checkered/plaid shirt, blood red slim tie, dark slim pants (not as skinny as I would have liked), curly hair and Doc Martens. Well the last one is negotiable. And I'm still working on it. I even wanted to push the envelope further with eyeliner.

Right now uploading pictures from med school past and the recent graduation party pumped me up for the ceremonies. And after graduation comes three weeks of uninterrupted vacations, beaches, fiction books and binge eating.

Congratulations to everyone in CIM Batch 2010 Elixir. You guys taught me a lot of things about the world both good and bad and with that I am thankful for making me tough. See ya in 12 months then after that see ya in a decade.

Welcome to wherever you are, this is your life, you've made it this far!

Oh yeah, this blog is officially back! Vrroomm vrroommm.

No comments: