Friday, April 30, 2010

Suddenly, Last Summer

Suddenly after last summer I've become and intern and had a great yet difficult and challenging time, contrary to the apprehension and anxiety I've had before it started. It was hard but in the end I do feel a sense of fulfillment and occasionally I find myself to be privileged to be part of a group that's constantly under the influence of torture.

Here are some things to remember that short summer by. Shortest summer in medical school. Roughly three weeks or more or less 24 days if you count it accurately.

Best Place Visited: Riverstone Castle in Argao. A castle replica of a 14th century medieval dwelling right in the heart of Cebu south. This summer though I didn't get to go outside of Cebu

Highlight of the Summer: Tie between ultimate road trip in the south of Cebu and getting to see Secondhand Serenade live.

Best Movie Watched: "Watchmen" superb adaptation of a classic graphic novel with a killer soundtrack.

Best Book Read: "Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Poignant and haunting

Best New Discovery: Skins. A British teen dramedy that's funny and heartbreaking at the same time.

Best Hang Out Place: KopiRoti. Where else can you get delicious brews, yummy pastries, free WiFi and amazing baristas.

Trend of the Summer: Colored wayfarers and denim cut off shorts to be known six months later as werewolf shorts

Most Memorable: Being reunited with my elementary classmates after thirteen years!

Guilty pleasure: FaceBooking

Summer Song: "Insomnia" by Craig David and "Black or White" by Adam Lambert

Best Pal of the Summer: Mikah Whore and the Whore car for taking me to places that alone I'd never get there.

Feeling of the Summer: Dread and excitement but more on the former.

No comments: