Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Status Updated

It's been almost two months since I haven't ranted, talked, or simply just posted about anything that bothered me or managed to enter my stream of consciousness.

Current Status: Rotating in OB-Gyne, overworked yet at the end of the day it somehow managed to make sense. Really. I've learned a lot from the past two months than a two months of reading William's Obstetrics relentlessly.

MUST LIST:

1.) Roger Federer, tennis god.
I've actually predicted him winning the French Open this year and breaking Pete Sampras's all time record of 14 grand slams. Kudos to the greatest ever by rebounding from a slump during 2008 and rising up from almost obscurity. I am even more convinced he'll win two more. Sampras picked up his 14 in a span of 12 years, Fed Express did it in 6 years, Rafa or no Rafa it still would have been accomplished.

2.) Kopiko coffee
Homemade Filipino style blend in ready to mix sachets that kept me awake even after 40 hours of eye opening.

3.) Mango Float Ice Candy
A new twist to the traditional Filipino ice candy by adding graham crackers in addition to mangoes and milk. The result is a sweet concoction of oh so addictive creamy goodness. This is one of the things that I've discovered and learned from three rotations in Vicente Sotto Hospital aside from being composed, calm and delivering a baby in the lobby. A strenuous 36 hour duty is easier with these ice candies after every meal.

4.) Chicken Salad Buns and Iced Mocha from the French Baker
Perfect combination for a relaxing post duty, pre-church Sunday afternoon.

5.) Penshoppe
I'm still loving last season's underwears now on sale!

6.) Booksale
Where else can you get "Oranges are not the only fruit" by Jeanette Winterson for 22 pesos? My ultimate retail therapy stress reliever store.

Current LSS raves:
1.) Come Back to Me by David Cook
2.) How Do You Sleep by Jesse McCartney
3.) Insomnia by Craig David (still after almost six months of constant overplay mainstream, I'm still in tune with this song!)

Movies I Want To See:
1.)Villa Estrella - yup I will waste pesos for this, can't resist Pinoy horror fare.
2.)The Inglorious Basterds - Tarantino will not disappoint in this flick. Trust Me
3.)Ice Age 3 - the only animation movie I will watch on the theaters
4.) Public Enemies - Johnny Depp and Christian Bale on the big screen together another great combination

Books I want to buy (just among the countless unending impulsively updated booklists)
1.) The Accidental by Ali Smith
2.) Saturday by Ian McEwan
3.) Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
4.) Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
5.) Columbine by Dave Cullen

And I am turning 25 in a month. Getting older, wiser but second adolescence won't go anytime soon. As for this year my birthday will be a minor event due to Charisse wedding. But no plans for a major celebration for now anyways. If I could have my way I would ditch the hospital and go somewhere distant yet near and just enjoy the simple things. Shit. I sound pretentious. One thing's for sure I am buying a new camera and more books to add to the tower of unread books this year.

No comments: